Thursday, December 15, 2011

Four Feet of Snow ~

We celebrated my birthday this week. A good friend watched the girls so Brad and I could go for a walk...it was so cold our eyelashes were frozen when we got home. Since I went inside to get the camera the frost on my eyelashes melted before this picture was taken, but Brad's were coated pretty good.
We've already got about four feet of snow. Naomi got stuck in one of the snowdrifts outside our house so I had to rescue her.
The talk around the village is that we'll get flooded when the break-up happens in the Spring. We've heard most snowfall happens in January and February, but since getting so much snow early flooding could possibly be an issue later. According to some it's not "if" but "when" it will happen.
Brad and the girls baked me a birthday cake.
Naomi's favorite kisses are Eskimo kisses.
The godly character trait the girls are learning this month is self-control. At dinner the other night I asked Nae to define self-control. She said, "Controlling my attitudes and actions so they don't control me." Perfect answer. Then I asked her to give me an example of self-control while at storytime and she replied, "Don't move, don't stand, don't talk, don't be loud, don't bite Cara."
After exiting the local store I realized I spent $45 on bread, eggs, apples and lettuce.

One morning Nae walked into our room and said to Brad, "You look nice today Handsome!"
We have had family shoveling time nearly every day this week due to the heavy snowfall.
Both Ruthie and Naomi are good helpers...
...well, mostly they are! :)
It's been overcast here that we still haven't seen the sun for two weeks now...actually, I can't remember the last time the sun shone directly on my face.

Check out this great shovel...a friend let us borrow it. It's so much easier than a regular shovel and with the heavy snowfall here we'll probably need to buy one sometime.